Monday, October 5, 2009

Stacey & Moni's WeDdInG eXtRaVaGaNzA!

THURSDAY NIGHT
Caleb wearing my Indian scarf on the way to the party :)

Seating for the bride and groom- to- be at the Mendi party

We didn't have to cover our heads for this party, but we had to
wear the scarves.
That's right.....I'm wearing gold leggings!?!?
Great picture of Adrian and Brin! We three lived together in college.
My henna tattoo! We all got one at the Mendi party.FRIDAY MORNING
Bridesmaids' Luncheon at Maple Street Grill
FRIDAY NIGHT
Rehearsal Dinner at Maggiano's (best cheesecake e.v.e.r.)
I tied Caleb's tie way too long, but he was too sweet to tell me.
After I saw this picture, he was given permission to take it off!
Brin, Adrian, Angela & me


Three handsome husbands!It has become somewhat of a tradition that if Chris
(Brin's husband) gets a hold of your camera, you will
have a self-portrait. Never fails!

SATURDAY MORNING
Hindu Wedding Ceremony

Love my man!!
Bridesmaids

Sister of the Bride
Traditionally, the groom rides up the hill to the Temple on an
elephant, but the custom is changing to a white horse. Which
managed to avoid every picture I took.
The Advani men
the beautiful bride, her father & the groom's father
the happy groom


Taking several walks around the room

We just sat still and tried to blend in!!SATURDAY AFTERNOON
Getting ready for the traditional Christian ceremony

SATURDAY NIGHT
Waiting backstage at the Ryman.

Flower girls, Pria (with her mom) and Maggie
the beautiful bride...again.
Stacey and her sister, Shelley

on our way to the reception

Silly


This is a llllloooooooonnnnnnnggggggg post. Which is fitting-
because it was a llllloooooonnnnnggggg weekend! But totally
worth it! How many times will I get to wear authentic Indian
wedding attire (that I didn't even have to pay for and get to
keep?!) Moni's family is extremely generous!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

What a neat experience! You look gorgeous!

Allison said...

That is so cool to be a part of something so culturally enriching. Plus Samantha Jane will have authentic clothes from another country to share when she is in school.