Saturday, November 28, 2009

This little girl, or rather not so little girl will maybe never know
all the things that I think of each time I look at her. I see the
person that led me to my best friend. Before Jade, the only
thing that Allison and I knew about each other was the few
classes we shared in high school. We started working together
in college- Jade was 1 and in my class. She took a liking to me,
and Allison and I began to get to know one another. Jade
called me "wawa" until that fateful day that Allison decided
she needed to pronounce her "S's" correctly :)
Before Jade, I didn't really understand how much one could
love a child. By watching Allison, I have learned so much... How
to savor the little moments- because they will be gone in the
blink of an eye. How to juggle so that your child's best interests
are met. All.the.time.
The greatest gift, before Caleb & Samantha Jane, was the time I
got to spend each afternoon with Jade. Allison went to class all
day and worked until 6p.m. so Jade and I would hang out at my
apartment ("perpartment" as Jade would call it), we would go
see my parents, and she even came to dance with me for a while
and watched the girls I was teaching. Though she wasn't mine, I
sometimes felt like she was- not because I was with her more
than Allison was...I wasn't- but because Allison gave me the
chance to bond with her child and I never felt that way about
another child until I had my own. Without Jade, I'm not sure I
would have been the same mother that I am today. And during
those times when Samantha Jane was first born- the times when
the whole world was asleep except for me (haha) I would think of
Jade and Allison.
Jade will turn 10 on Dec. 27th, and I can't hardly think
about it without tearing up. She brought me to my best friend
and for that I will always be greatful.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

That brought tears to my eyes, what a beautiful story! I really enjoyed reading it.

Allison said...

Thank you, I can't say anything except you will never know how much YOU meant and mean to me. I tell people all the time that in my case it really did take a village to raise a child and you and my family were my "village people".
I always felt even though I was away from Jade she wasn't missing out because she was with someone who loved her unconditionally the same as I did.
I will never be able to repay you for all the things you did for Jade however i hope you know how grateful I am.
..and since I usually joke at the wrong time{like when I am crying uncontrollably}...I am just waiting for the day when you let me keep Samantha Jane so I can take her to a restaraunt and let her order whatever she wants{even if it's a piece of cake bigger than her head} for supper:)
I love that you are a mom now and our friendship has evolved to include both of our families. I am so looking forward to all the years and milestones ahead of us.
I sure said alot for someone who couldn't say anythig...

Caleb, Sara and Samantha Jane said...

For the record, I didn't know how big the cake was going to be, and I did call you first and get your permission!! :)) Having said that, yes I do owe you some major spoiling time! I'm sure Samantha Jane won't mind a bit!

Jill said...

Pass the kleenex, please! So precious. I thank God that he blessed us with friendship. Thanks for sharing, girls!