fun, partly because we are fortunate enough to have a big grocery
budget if need be; any money saved from being frugal is a reward,
not money that is needed to pay another bill. We have come a long
way with getting on the same page about finances and are really
seeing some great monetary benefits to living below our means.
Yes, yes Mom and Dad you were right- moving on :)
Several of my coupons were set to expire on Aug. 31st, so my
trip yesterday consisted mainly of Health & Beauty items. We
really didn't need much else thanks to previous coupons combined
with sales. Right now we have 14 boxes of cereal (the BIG
boxes that averaged $0.80/box), 15 rolls of paper
towels (paid less than $1/roll), an average of 5 rolls of toilet paper
in each of the 3 bathrooms, and I could go on but you get my
drift!
So yesterday's total of the items pictured above came to $63.26!
And that Prevacid AIN'T CHEAP!! The 4 boxes alone would have
been $52.96 plus tax without any coupons.
Unfortunately, none of the items were at their lowest sale price,
but a few were slightly on sale, which still made a good deal when
combined with the coupons. And boy did I have coupons! Some
of the items had paper as well as digital coupons. My best buy
was the tampons- they cost a whopping $0.19! And these are
all specific things that we use. The coupons saved me $38.34.
Fun times!!!
2 comments:
I really need to start doing this seriously. I got dangerously close to $200.00 this week. Mostly expensive toiletry/household items ran up the bill big time.
So true, but those are usually the ones with the consistent coupons. I know you go to Wal-mart, but Kroger has awesome digital coupons and there are other websites that will let you put THEIR digital coupons onto your Kroger plus card. Then you get to combine them with any paper coupons you have. And I know the Kroger by me will double any manufacturer's coupon that is 50 cents or less.
Post a Comment