It's been a long time since my last post and we've been so busy,
but I haven't been taking my camera with me quite as much.
I'm finding that I miss the "moments" while trying to get
pictures! So I've been leaving it at home for the b-day parties,
etc. and just enjoyed being an observer!
I love this picture! Notice the bow to match the dress- I went
on a bow-shopping spree at the last big consignment sale!
Cheese, but not as chaotic and more physical activity for the
kids. Inflatable obstacle course, indoor playground, plus the
usual games and awful pizza)
Samantha Jane started dance this year! She is in one of my classes,
which makes scheduling very nice. I teach her class on Mondays
from 3:30-4:30 and then teach for 30 minutes after that while
she plays or looks at books and then we go home!
No juggling between 2 studios!
Meg and PeePaw. Lots of fun as always! The log ride was
everyone's favorite!
I love to watch her- she is such an animated child!
Sneak Peak! Guess who's going to be Strawberry Shortcake
for Halloween?!
Personally, I think she looks cuter with the hat and no wig, but we
had to have the wig! Plus, the one last year (she was Belle) kept
her head warm while trick-or-treating!
We sold the Jeep! I'm so glad- I really didn't care for it....was
opposed to us getting it in the first place......ended up being the
one to drive it E.V.E.R.Y. D.A.Y. when Caleb's new job put him
driving to Cool Springs.
First thing Caleb did when we got a new car was totally gut the garage!
For the first time EVER we can fit two cars in there!
piled high of unopened Star Wars toys. We NEED to sell all of
those, but aren't sure where to begin. We don't have much attic
space, so in the garage it stays!
On Friday, July 8th my dad retired from the M'boro Police Dept.
The ceremony was quite a big deal! News cameras, city officials,
and reportedly the largest turn-out of well-wishers. We are so
proud of him and everything he has done for Murfreesboro. It's
a scary job at times. One of his friends made scrapbooks every
year with articles from high profile cases- one picture stuck out
at me during his time as the Hostage Negotiator. A reporter
got an action shot of several S.W.A.T. members and Dad
walking to a house where a man had barricaded himself inside.
Everyone was in full protective gear, complete with bullet-proof
shields. My Dad........street clothing. Maybe he had a vest
underneath his shirt (I hope!) But his calm nature showed
through in the picture. I could see him thinking and praying
for guidance as the team approached. And it really is a moving
photo to me. My Dad, off to save the world on a typical day!
**All of that was my second thought upon seeing the picture-
my first thought was "Why the h*#@ is everyone around him
wearing helmets, gear and shields and he's in street clothes?!"
We are all very proud of you Daddy! The CID if forever changed
because of your wisdom and Godly guidance.
This was him back in 1988 (I think)
Daddy and kiddos for Academy graduation
Dad was given this plaque along with his gun and badge as a gift.Usually, a retired officer doesn't get to keep his/her gun but it was
decided that Dad would. This is a big honor for officers!
Ummmm......let me get back to you on that one :) He'll miss the
people in CID, I know.
No comments:
Post a Comment