Thursday, January 26, 2012

January (and probably some December)


We've had a nice start to 2012! Caleb and I escaped to Gatlinburg
with some friends last weekend and had a great time- basically doing
nothing but hanging out. It was fabulous! Our cabin had a hot tub
out on a covered porch, 2 living rooms complete with fire places,
a ping-pong table and a pool table....really no reason to leave!

And this little almost four year old (sob, sob) has grown up so much
lately I can hardly stand it! She is still into dress up and imaginary
play. And her variety of interest is still expanding- princesses
playing with Ninja Turtles, Toy Story legos and Strawberry
Shortcake. The newest interest is Scooby Doo. She is so much fun!




She came across some baby clothes and managed to get herself
into this 3 month onesie!
Her new favorite pajamas- Rock N Roll Princess!
I enjoyed my Christmas decorations so much this year, so I
decided to try some "winter decor". Hopefully I'll be able to
add more next year!






I am in the process of re-decorating Samantha Jane's room, so these
grids have come down! I already changed the pattern, but I'll hold
off on posting pictures until they are back on the wall. I also have
a new duvet cover and sheets (all on clearance!!!) so now I need
the motivation to paint.....which translates into first sanding around
the stripes and polka dots, then priming, then........yeah, that's
gonna take a while ;) Hopefully it will get done by this summer.
Samantha Jane was visited by a Christmas Angel this year (kind of
like Elf on the Shelf). Her angel brought her things to give to those in
need. The first week: gloves, hats and mittens for children in East
Tennessee (we took up a collection at dance). The next week the
angel brought new baby dolls and cars for Toys for Tots. And on week
3, she came back to us with $5.00 for the Salvation Army box.
On Christmas Eve, the angel brought Sam this story. It is wonderfully
written and easy to understand.
We have a big birthday celebration coming soon, so I'll probably post
again after that!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Don't forget I still have a twin headboard if you want it.
SamJ looks so grown and beautiful. We need to get together for our birthdays. I miss seeing ya'll. Love you.

Caleb, Sara and Samantha Jane said...

Birthdays?!? I'm not sure I understand.....I, for one, do not age so birthdays are of no consequence to me :)
I DID forget about that headboard! Yay! That might motivate me some more. It's the one that had the paper collage with the "J", right? Maybe I can coordinate with the new grids that I made.....
And yes, we definitely need to get together. Soon.

Allison said...

he he! and yep, that's the one